Phase 4 as of Easter 2021!
The language below will be more “up to date” then the language used in the video above.
Disclaimer: The specifics of operation under each phase are subject to change based on the dynamic nature of state guidelines, our own resources, and convictions. This is a prediction, and this assumes change is likely. We have seen that during the COVID Crisis, predictability is unrealistic. Therefore, we are doing our best to lay out a plan, and are moving forward with the expectation of flexibility.
Check back frequently for up to date details for each phase as we move through them.
Phase 1: Safer at Home
The vulnerable are still under “shelter in place” orders by the state and gatherings are limited to 10 or less.
For us, this phase is all about offering essential spiritual services without taking any risks.
- Small groups both live and online, with the folks who are able to come in live with safety measures in place, and the folks who are unable will join us via video chat.
- no live church gathering, all church services are online.
- Small group gatherings will take place at the church on Sunday mornings to help with the live stream.
- When our demand for Sunday morning live stream help exceeds our capacity, we will offer more group gatherings in host homes.
- Many outreaches are canceled, but some are active
- No child care is offered during any gatherings
- Nobody is expected to join the live Grace groups, but everybody is expected to participate in our Grace Groups either online or in person.
- The vulnerable are encouraged not to participate in the outreach, but those comfortable enough to do non-essential business of any kind are expected to participate in our outreaches.
Phase 2: Love Your Neighbor (our version of Protect Your Neighbor)
The vulnerable are allowed out and larger gatherings are allowed with restrictions in place.
For us, this phase is all about us protecting our vulnerable loved ones while advancing toward church the way it should be.
- Church gatherings go live again, but maybe split into multiple gatherings to reduce crowds, while maintaining the online Church Service.
- Many safety precautions will be in place according to state guidelines.
- Some Grace groups may closed during this time while maintaining our others open. Open groups will be held both live and online when teaching can be done in person, limiting the streaming to just serve those who are unable to attend due to health reasons.
- Child care may be offered for parents who are present for live church services based on volunteer availability and capacity
- All outreach initiatives will be reinstated unless it is impossible, and each will probably look different then they usually do based on safety measures in place.
- The non-vulnerable are encouraged to attend one of our live church gatherings, a live Grace Group and at least one outreach per month unless to do so could jeopardize the safety of a vulnerable loved one in their life.
- The vulnerable are encouraged to decide for themselves if they will join the live groups or church gatherings and are not expected to do anything they are uncomfortable with.
Phase 3: Getting Closer
Many restrictions have been lifted or decreased, but some are still in place.
For us, this phase is all about reintroducing our vulnerable loved ones into any spiritual services that they have not connected to in the previous phases, as much as is safely possible.
- Church gatherings are definitely live again, while maintaining the live stream for our folks who must stay home.
- Many safety precautions are still in place as needed.
- Grace Groups are all live and in person.
- Online Grace Group access will be made available for our vulnerable loved ones as needed, but will no longer be publicly promoted. This is to encourage relational connections from those who would trade them in for an easier way, without us sacrificing the option for those who are dependent on it.
- Child Care is available and transportation ministry is limited if it is active. Restrictions may apply as volunteer capacity changes.
- All outreaches should be reinstated by now and are operating with some likely restrictions still likely in place
- The non-vulnerable are expected to attend our live church gathering, a live Grace Group and at least one outreach per month.
- The vulnerable are likely to be joining us for live church gatherings and Grace Groups, but will not be expected to if they are not comfortable.
Phase 4: The Way It Should Be
All restrictions are lifted.
In this phase, everybody should be effectively connected to the spiritual opportunities without any restrictions or limitations.
- All Grace Groups, weekday and Sunday morning are live. Virtual groups and meetings are discontinued.
- Everyone is expected to join at least one live Grace Group, the Sunday gathering, and an outreach program.
- Transportation ministry is available.
- Child Care is available.
- All ministry services are back.
- Everything is as it should be!
We may experience some back and forth between phases. We will be following state and city guidelines as we move from phase to phase, and mirroring what local businesses are doing. Ex: restaurants and entertainment industries. The only exceptions are when to do so would hinder our higher calling to make disciples of Jesus Christ.
This is a brief summary of the guidelines we will have in place based on state regulations and recommendations.
As with anything COVID related, please expect updates and adaptation as needed.